You take care of your body and stay fit by exercising and having a healthy lifestyle. But what do you do when you have issues with your hair? A healthy lifestyle may help you in some ways in dealing with hair issues, but to make sure you have healthy hair you must know about certain things to begin.
The first thing that you must know is the fact that there will be hair issues sometime in your life and you should at least be aware of these issues. Here we will list some of the most common hair problems and ways and means of getting rid of them.
Oily and greasy hair is a condition that you may not be able to control or cure even if you wanted to. That is because the greasy hair is caused due to an oily scalp which can be a result of sweating of the head and scalp. Greasy scalps can lead to a lot of issues such as uncomfortable itching scalps and in severe conditions seborrheic dermatitis. This creates a breeding ground for fungus which can cause further issues.
Too much oil in the hair is obviously harmful to hair health but too little oil is not too healthy as well. And therefore, the perfect balance of the right amount of oil is needed for perfectly healthy hair. Let us look at certain natural remedies to cure dry hair:
Some natural remedies for greasy hair:
1. Apply Coconut Oil – Applying oil to your hair just before shampooing ensures that you get conditioned naturally and does not get too greasy. Virgin coconut oils work best when you opt for this remedy.
2. Deep Clean with Aloe – Try this home remedy of applying aloe vera for healthy hair. Add aloe vera and lime juice in a cup of water and mix both thoroughly. Use this mixture on your hair and wash it with shampoo. The result will be oil-free and silky smooth hair.
3. Baking Soda – Baking soda for hair may sound a little weird but using baking soda can balance the pH levels in your hair and reduce the oil content.
Some Recommended Shampoos For Oily or Greasy Hair:
Paul Mitchell Deep Cleansing Shampoo – Made from white ginger and jojoba leaf extracts.
L’Oreal Rebalancing Shampoo – Helps to get the oil out of your hair with this clay shampoo.
Frizzy hair is one other hair problem that can leave you very frustrated. Those dreadful locks can really get on your nerves and often become eternally tangled. This occurs when your hair reaches out for moisture in the air and in turn leads to frizzy hair all over your head. This can usually occur due to humidity in the air, especially during the summer time.
Let us look at some natural remedies for getting rid of frizzy hair:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Mix – Due to the presence of acetic acid, the pH level of the mixture is similar to your hair. So when you use it on your hair, it gets back its original acidity. After shampooing pour the mixture to your hair and let it set in for 30 seconds. And then rinse with cool water.
2. Olive Oil & Avocado mask – This acts as a natural conditioner with amazing hydrating effects. Plus avocado is also known to contain fatty acids that help remove frizziness. Pour and mix olive oil to the mashed avocado. After shampooing, apply the mixture in your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Olive Oil & Raw Egg treatment – Get 1 raw egg mixed with a spoonful of olive oil. Raw egg contains loads of protein, fats, and enzymes that kill the oil from your hair. Apply this mixture before shampooing and let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse it.
Shampoos For Frizzy Hair:
Ogx Quenching Shampoo – Combines the goodness of coconut oil and sweet honey, this shampoo hydrates and makes your hair shiny and smooth.
Briogeo Super Moisture Shampoo – Contains biotin, algae extracts and Vitamin B for lightweight and super smooth hair.
Olaplex No.4 Shampoo – Holy grail shampoo with a patented formula that has the ability to repair and damage the broken hair.
This is one of the most common hair problems that affect a lot of us. Dandruff is usually caused by an infection, a poor diet, or if you are having a sluggish metabolism. When dandruff occurs the skin of your scalp peels off and starts flaking. This may even occur due to poor hygiene but not always. It can be a result of more serious issues of the scalp such as Seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. Dandruff can also be caused due to dry skin during winters.
Some natural remedies for the treatment of dandruff are as follows:
1. Apply Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is known for its antimicrobial properties and hence is excellent in getting rid of dandruff. Apply coconut oil and allow it to drench every strand of your hair. Let it set it for 15 to 20 mins. Then wash your hair thoroughly with a shampoo.
2. Apply Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is a proven anti-fungal and anti-microbial plant. Apply aloe vera extracts to your hair properly and let that set in for some time. Then wash with a good anti-dandruff shampoo.
3. Try using baking soda – Baking soda is the most common ant-fungal directly from your kitchen. Apply baking soda directly to wet hair and massage it for a while. Then wash with shampoo and rinse it.
Let us Quickly List Some Anti-Dandruff Shampoos:
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Contains ketoconazole that has antifungal properties, super effective on dandruff.
Dermacare Scalp Shampoo – Contains hydrating ingredients such as shea butter for maximum moisture and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as pyrithione zinc.
Head & Shoulders – Formulated with pyrithione zinc with a green apple scent.
Split ends are commonly observed in people who do not care too much about their hair. When split ends occur, the damage can be caused anywhere through the length of the hair and even right in the middle of the hair. The reasons for split ends are many, which can be physical stress, mechanical and environmental factors. If your hair is weak spline ends can be common.
Here are a few natural remedies for split ends:
1. Egg Yolk with Olive Oil – Apply egg yolk and olive oil mixture as a mask to your hair. Let it set in for 15 to 20 mins and then wash it off with a good shampoo.
2. Use Honey – Apply honey thoroughly on your hair and let it stay for 30 mins. Wash it off with a shampoo.
3. Ripe Papaya – Mash some ripe papaya in a bowl. Apply this thoroughly to your hair. Let it stay on for some time and wash it off as you would while shampooing.
Best Shampoos For Split End Prone Hair:
Schwarzkopf Perfect Shampoo – Contains amino acids and natural oils for perfect hair.
Matrix Biolage Shampoo – Contains essential herbs such as lemongrass, sage, and wheat germ extracts.
Garnier Ultra Blends – Made of olive oil extracts for perfect hair.
Lack of Hair Volume
Loss in thickness and volume of hair is another very common problem. There can be multiple reasons and one of the most common reasons being improper care. Some health issues can also lead to a lack of volume in the hair. Stress and improper mental health can also lead to a lack in the thickness of hair.
Some of the common remedies to increase hair volume:
1. Aloe Vera – Apply the famous Aloe Vera mask to your thin hair. Let it stay on for 30 minutes and wash it with shampoo. Repeat this regularly for thick and strong hair.
2. Eggs – Whisk few eggs in a bowl. Mix together and apply as a mask before a shower. Let is sit for some time and wash it thoroughly with a good shampoo.
3. Avocado – Mash an avocado and a ripe banana in a bowl and apply it thoroughly in your hair and scalp and shampoo your hair. Repeat this for a few days for the best results.
Some of The Hair Thickening Shampoos:
John Frieda Volume Shampoo – The Volume polymers in the shampoo perfectly increases the hair volumes.
Matrix Volumatherapie – Contains the goodness of natural ingredients like soy and wheat proteins – soften strands and increases the volume.
Neutrogena Volume Shampoo – Contains clarifying agents and other ingredients that enhance the volume of the hair.
Dull and Dry Hair
When you do not take good care of your health and hair, your hair will tend to lose all its shine and luster. Your hair becomes dull when broken scales from your hair or your scalp can get lifted and make your hair rough. Your hair can also get dull and dry due to the lack of essential moisture. So what can you do to avoid dull hair?
The few natural remedies to avoid dull hair are as follows:
1. Avocado and Eggs – Make a mixture of ripe mashed avocado and whisked eggs. Apply this remedy to your wet hair and shampoo as usual. The vitamins and essential fatty acids in avocados will help you regain all the lost luster and shine. The proteins in the eggs would provide the necessary nourishment.
2. Butter Massage – Massage your dry hair with some butter and leave it on for some time till it covers every hair strand. Shampoo and wash your hair. This will be extremely helpful for treating brittle and dry hair.
3. Apply Olive Oil – Massage your hair with half a cup of olive oil and rub it into your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap then let it sit for 45 minutes. Wash hair with a shampoo to rinse all the oil off your hair.
Shampoos For Fry and Dull Hair:
Oribe Moisture Control Shampoo – Packed with nourishing amino acids, this is the best shampoo for dull and dry hair.
Bumble & Bumble Shampoo – Sulfate free preparation that claims to soften, entangle, silken and tame your frizzy hair along with some impeccable nourishment.
Davines Shampoo – Contains essential nutrients for perfect hair nourishment. Works best when used with a conditioner.
There can be many reasons for hair loss in individuals. Hair loss can be caused due to hormonal imbalances and also due to genetic factors. Apart from that, hair loss can also be caused due to other factors such as medical treatments and due to side effects of certain medications. In all these conditions and due to other reasons, the hair follicles are affected.
Some of the natural remedies to repair and revive hair follicles and thus prevent hair loss:
1. Jojoba Oil – This is one of the ingredients in many shampoos and hair products. But when applied directly it is the best treatment for your damaged hair follicles. So, just warm some oil by rubbing in your palms and thoroughly massage your hair before a bath. Regular use can strengthen your hair follicles and stop hair loss.
2. Onion Juice – As per a recent study, onion juice is extremely good for hair growth. Just apply onion juice twice a day for a few weeks and you will see your hair fall has stopped and enhanced growth of hair. Apply daily and let it stay for 30 mins before bath for best results.
3. Rosemary Oil – This is one of the best essential oils that help stimulate hair growth. It has many antiseptic properties as well and treats a lot of scalp and other infections that help in preventing any further chances of hair fall. Apply daily before bath and shampoo for best results.
Let’s Look at Some Shampoos To Avoid Hair Loss:
Revita Shampoo – This is a growth stimulating shampoo, with essential ingredients such as biotin, caffeine, emu oil, ketoconazole, Vitamin B2 as well as some other essential amino acids.
Hair Surge Shampoo – Key ingredients being caffeine, saw palmetto, ketoconazole in the shampoo that stimulates amazing hair growth.
Lipogaine Big 5 – Another very popular hair growth stimulating shampoo with ingredients such as biotin, castor oil, saw palmetto, caffeine argan oil.
Though some grey hair in older people is more to do with old age, it does occur in the youngsters and that can be a problem. Hair becomes white when the pigmentation cells are no longer produced for hair. The rate of greying of hair can have genetic reasons and there can not be much control over it. But there are natural as well as specially formulated products for avoiding grey hair.
Let us find out some of the best natural products for grey hair:
1. Black Tea – Boil a cup of water with black tea and some salt – cool and apply it to your hair. Repeat for natural lovely hair.
2. Lemon Juice and Almond Oil – Mix almond oil and lemon juice, massage and leave it on for 30 minutes. Shampoo and wash as usual.
3. Onion Juice – Mix a few tsps of onion juice, 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of lemon juice and massage it on the scalp. Wash it off after half an hour.
Best Shampoos For Avoiding Grey Hair:
Redken Color Shampoo – Contains customized pigments and essential amino acids that colors your hair and nourish instantly.
Rene Furterer Shampoo – Features okara extracts that protect your hair and neutralize lighter tones.
Davines oi Shampoo – Contains roucou oil for softer shinier and natural hair.
Remember, no matter what age and time of your life you are at, you will come across some hair issues. Always try to use natural remedies and the recommended products for your hair, and if you still need help, do not hesitate to consult a specialist.