11. If you have lots of important files on your computer, then you should back them up prior to leaving. This way, you wouldn’t be risking losing them while you are travelling. Make sure though that you keep your back up at a safe place, so that no one would be able to gain access to them.
12. There are lots of travel websites available today, which you can use to book flights, hotel, and car reservations from. To ensure that you would be one of the first persons to know about their travel deals and promotions, then sign up for their newsletter. By doing that, you are increasing your chances of getting the best deals.
13. Accessing more web pages about travelling can provide you with more benefits, especially when it comes to enjoying your trip. Lots of these websites offer important information about certain places you can visit, while you are visiting a particular country. With that, you would be able to plan out your trip better by knowing what attractions to go to, and what places to visit to enjoy sumptuous meals.
14. Whether you are a frequent traveller or not, signing up for airline frequent flyer points may provide you with lots of advantages. The more points you would be able to rack up, the more money you may be able to save in your future travel plans. Just make sure that your account is duly updated with your frequent flyer points, so that you can take advantage of it soon.
15. Embarrassing moments can be avoided if you are able to check the expiry date of your passport. Thus, it is best if you check it at least a couple of weeks prior to travelling, so that you can still have enough time to renew it just in case. Aside from that, keep in mind that some countries may require at least 6 months left on your passport before it expires, in order to allow you to visit them.
16. Do not purchase the one that you come across with immediately. Shop around first, until you can find the best deals. Keep in mind that there are lots of travel sites you can book your flights from; and, they are in constant competition against each other, which means that they are trying their best to come up with excellent deals.
17. Flights are always more affordable when you book it months before you travel. However, you can also save more money, if you schedule your vacation during off season. Research more about your destination, so that you would know when is the best time to visit it, in terms of affordability.
18. Red Eye Flights. Red eye flights are usually more affordable than the regular ones. However, you need to keep in mind that they are called as such, since the travel times fall late at night or even at dawn. Thus, if you are travelling with kids, then this may not be something that you want to do, unless they are really up to it.
19. Selecting Your Seats. Selecting your flight seats can actually be done days before your actual flight. Although this may depend on the type of airlines you are booking it from, most of them offer seat selection online. Therefore, instead of waiting for the day to take the flight, select your favourite seats online ahead of time, so that you would have utmost comfort in travelling.
20. Double Check The Website. If it is your first time to book online, or at a particular website, don’t forget to double check if it is really a legitimate site to purchase an airline ticket from. One way of doing it is to see if its web address starts with “https://” which basically means that it is secure. Aside from that, you should also check out reviews about it.