21. Booking Online. When booking your travel items online, you will need to have a credit or a debit card on hand. It is actually better if you the card is in front of you when you book it, since most sites would ask not just for the credit card number. Sites would actually need the last three digits at the back of your card, the name that appears on your card, its expiry date, as well as your billing address.
22. Using Credit or Debit Card. Some people like to use credit cards in booking through the internet, while others want to use debit cards. Keep in mind though that when you use a debit card, it will automatically deduct the money from your bank account. Aside from that, you should also check with your bank if your debit card has a daily spending limit, since your online transaction may not go through if it is more than that.
23. Calling The Online Travel Site. If you want to feel more secure in booking your flight and hotel reservations, you can actually call the hotline number of the site you are looking at. One advantage you can gain from that is the agent may be able to provide you with more options. Aside from that, if you have certain requests for the hotel or flight reservations, he may also be able to process it for you.
24. Take Note of The Baggage Requirements. Prior to booking your flight reservation, you should check its baggage requirements first. In most cases, international flights usually provide you with more baggage allowance than the domestic ones. Aside from checking on the check-in baggage terms and conditions though, don’t forget to read the terms for carry on bags as well.
25. Print Your Itinerary. If you booked your flights through the internet, do not forget to print out your itinerary confirmation for it. If you don’t have a printer at your house, you can simply email the confirmation page to your own email address and print it out someplace else. Bring the printed copy of your itinerary, so that you can simply show it to the attendants.
26. Booking Through a Travel Agency. If you are more comfortable in booking through a travel agency than online, then make sure to check the price difference before making the payment. Aside from that, don’t forget to tell the agent about what you want to have on your trip, so that he can setup an itinerary that would suit you best. Moreover, make sure to ask necessary questions to the agent, since they are usually very familiar about certain vacation spots.
27. In Boarding The Plane. In boarding the plane, keep in mind that you can actually carry your mobile phone, wallet, and passport with you. It is actually a better idea to keep them in your pocket, so that you can easily pull them out when needed. Don’t worry about your mobile phone, since you can always turn it off, just before the plane takes off.
28. Try Not To Drink Alcohol. When travelling on a plane, it is always better to skip the alcoholic beverages for a while. This is because boarding on a plane, taking care of your luggage, minding the weather, can already provide you with lots of stress for the day. Instead of drinking alcohol, drink lots of water, so that you won’t get dehydrated.
29. Wear Comfortable Clothing. Going overseas usually involves very long flights, which is why it is a good idea to wear comfortable clothing. Aside from that, you should also bring a jacket so that you won’t feel cold. Moreover, for women, it is best to wear flat shoes, so that you won’t have difficulties in boarding and getting off the aircraft.
30. Book The Seats You’re Most Comfortable With. If your budget allows you to do so, you should book flight seats that you are most comfortable with. For example, if you can afford to upgrade your ticket for a seat that can be folded into a bed, then do it. It is actually better that you are well rested during the flight, since it ensures that you are wide awake when you arrive, instead of feeling groggy.