31. Make Safety Your Priority. In boarding the plane, aside from listening to the stewardess’ presentation in using the life jacket, and such, you should also take note of the emergency exits. Count the rows towards these exits, and determine which ones are nearest to you. Aside from that, you should also check out the safety manual, which you can usually find in front of you.
32. Take Your Vitamins. Keep in mind that when you ride a plane, you would be exposed to other people’s germs and such. Therefore, you should boost your immune system, by taking your daily vitamin supplement. Make sure that your supplement contains vitamin C and zinc, so that you would be duly protected from infections.
33. Be Positive but be Ready about The Negatives. Although it is best to think about positive things when travelling, in order to maximize the benefits from it, you should still be prepared for some set backs. Some of which may include flight delays, getting sick, getting lost, and such. Thus, you should always carry cash in small amounts, flash lights, medications, and your cell phone.
34. Convert Your money into The Currency of The Country You’re Visiting. Days or weeks before you take your trip, it is a good idea to convert some of your money into the currency of the country you are visiting. This way, you won’t get stuck with no local money to pay for the first few expenses you would make after arriving. One example of the expense you may incur is paying the taxi cab on your way to the hotel.
35. Booking The Best Flight Schedule. If you can afford it, it is actually best if you choose a flight schedule that would allow you to arrive in the morning at the country you are visiting. Thus, you should take note of the amount of time it would take for you to get to the other country. By doing that, you can ensure that you would be able to book the best flight schedule.
36. Don’t Put all Your Eggs in One Basket. In travelling to a country that you are not very familiar with, it is best not to keep all your money in one location. This way, just in case you get unlucky and become a victim of a pickpocket, then it wouldn’t hurt so much. Aside from that, make sure not to show too much money in public, since you might become the next target for thieves.
37. The Number of Nights To Stay at a Hotel. If you are not very sure about the hotel that you are booking, then you should not book it for more than two nights, even if your trip runs for 5 days. This way, you are assured that you have a place to stay for the first 2 nights in the country. Aside from that, if you don’t like the accommodation, then you will have enough time to find another one.
38. Talking With Strangers. When you travel, whether you are going for a business trip or not, you may find yourself chatting with the passenger next to you at the airplane or at the airport. Although this is not a bad practice, you must be cautious when it comes to the information that you giveaway. Make sure not to tell the other person all your plans or where you are staying, since another one may be listening to take advantage of it.
39. Booking a Hotel. Booking for your hotel accommodations can now be done through the internet. One of the best things about it is that, there are several websites, which can offer you fabulous hotel deals. Aside from that, they usually showcase pictures of the accommodations, as well as testimonies that can all help you choose the best one for you.
40. Be Mindful of The Location. When you book a hotel, don’t just base it on the prices of its rooms or the beauty of its pictures. You should also be mindful of its location. Make sure that it is quite near to places that you are interested in. Aside from that, it should also be near to a restaurant, an ATM machine, convenience store, and a pharmacy.