71. Do Not Forget To Confirm Your Hotel Reservation a Day Before Leaving. Keep in mind that even if you booked your hotel reservation online, and you got a confirmation number for it, there is still a slight chance that it was overlooked. To make sure that you really have a place to stay at your destination, you should call the hotel a day before traveling. This way, you can confirm not just your reservation, but also make sure that you will have the type of room that you really want.
72. What You Can Do When You Want To Jump From One City To Another. If you are planning to go from one city to another for your vacation, then don’t hesitate to ask your hotel for accommodations they can recommend in another place. If you are lucky, then they might even have a partner hotel in that city, and offer you a huge discount. Do this prior to taking your flight, so that you can set up your itinerary properly.
73. Booking a Car Together With a Hotel. When you want to be able to drive around the city you are visiting, then you may want to book a car together with your hotel. Make sure though that your hotel can offer you a designated parking space for your rented vehicle. This way, you can be assured that it is safe, and you won’t have to spend too much time in finding a place to park it.
74. What To Do When The Airport is Far From Your Place. If the airport where you are going to take your flight is a bit far from your house, then you may want to book a park and fly hotel. These types of hotels usually offer a package, in which you can leave your car with them, for the duration of your trip. In most cases, there is no need to pay for your room while your car is parked at their basement or garage. They will only charge you minimal fees for parking, while you are traveling.
75. Renting a Car. In booking a rental car, which is separate from your flights and hotel reservations, you may not have to enter your credit card details for it. This is because most rental companies would only charge you upon picking up the rental car. However, make sure that you have your card with you at the time of pickup, so that you would be able to drive it.
76. Car Rental Requirements. When renting a car, it is very important that you read all about the requirements of the company before booking or picking it up. In most cases, you can only drive out the vehicle if you are able to bring your credit or debit card with you, as well as other necessary documents. Such documents may include your driver’s license and your passport.
77. Travel Insurance. If you want to feel secure for the whole duration of your vacation, then you should acquire a travel insurance for it. There are lots of companies that offer such kind of insurance policies these days. Just check out the ones available at your place, and ask your friends for their recommendations.
78. Looking Confident. It is always best to walk as if you know where you are going, especially if you are at a certain place in the city, which you are not very familiar with. This way, people would not see you as a lost tourist. If you are able to achieve that, then you won’t be attracting thieves to victimize you.
79. Book Tours and Attractions Together With Your Package. There are certain online travel websites today, which can offer you tickets for tours and attractions. However, it is best be you include them into your travel package, so that you would be able to save more money. Just check if the website you are booking your flights and hotel reservations from offers it, so that you would be able to take advantage of the discounted prices.
80. Travelling With Pets. If you want to bring your pet dog or cat with you for your family vacation, then you should check if your hotel can allow them in. There are hotels that allow pets, while others don’t; thus, it is best to research about it ahead of time. Aside from that, you should also read the rules of the airlines pertaining to bringing pets, so that you would know what you need to do or prepare.